Friday, April 4, 2008

All These Things That I've Done
















Anymore I really don't get to go out a whole lot with my friends. The most I usually get out for is the occasional grocery shopping trip or concert.

But since my best friend Lindsay is on spring break she wanted to hang out. Which was cool since we hardly ever have to to just go out and have fun. So we went to the movies and saw "21". Which both of us had read "Bringing Down the House" but we both loved the movie very much though it was different. It was pretty fast paced and far from boring. It also helped that Jim Sturgess (her favorite though I agree he is cute) and Jacob Pitts (my favorite) were in it to look at.

We then went to the mall and spent a couple hours there. Though after the movie we were both pretty broke lol had enough money for Pizza but that was it. We also ended up getting lost inside Hollister I think it was? Lol I have no idea it was dark inside and confusing. Obviously not my type of store at all. But we had fun. She then came back to my house and we hung out until 9:30 and I had to go to bed. To get up at 4:30am to babysit yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy


Speaking of friends lol I have to mention my other best friend and "twin" Breeze lol . She pretty much rocks. She's a new mom and a single mom and that and she is doing great. Her daughter is lucky to have suck a great mom. She has always been there for me to listen to all my drama and give me advice. She is just all around awesome :).

OH! Also I did not not graduate high school do to missing too much school because of illness. I also did not pass my math OGT. So I have been getting by for almost a year now with out a high school diploma. And I realized even the most simple jobs require a High School diploma. And so I applied to Stratford Career Institute online to finnish up my high school courses from home which is awesome. I will be able to do it while babysitting and in all my spare time. I am then going to take the online Vet assistant course :).


Now for a bit about Maggie.


The little girl I babysit daily is 2 years old and is a absolute animal lover. And luckily her mother has taught her the proper way to behave around animals. Atleast the best a 2 year old can behave I guess. Anyways the first day she was here I put Maggie in her crate. Just because the last experience she had with a little girl totally ruined any progress we had once made and I didn't want to scare the little girl with all of Maggies barking and carrying on.


Monday I had let Maggie sleep upstairs in my moms bed since I had to be up 4am that morning. The little girl was dropped off and was here for a couple hours before she spilled milk on her clothes lol. So I ran down in the basement to throw them in the dryer. Little did I know my mom had let Maggie out of the bedroom. When I came up there stood the little girl petting Maggie but I looked under Maggie where she submissive pee'd. Something she only does with little girls and men. I didn't make a big deal out of it just went and cleaned it up. To my surprise Maggie did really well with the girl. She didn't bark or growl or whine which are her usual only responses to girls her age. I kept close tabs on them both and always carefully supervised pets and all of that. I could tell Maggie was very unsure but she allowed the little girl to do as she pleased. I was over all surprised and pleased at how well Maggie did honestly.


I am so happy right now. Maggie has decided she loves the little girl I have been babysitting. Like I said before I think it really helps that the little girl has been raised to behave around animals. Yesterday I noticed Maggie actually wagged her tail at her a tiny bit. Today when she got dropped off Maggie climbed right up on to the couch sniffing her face and wagging her tail like crazy! It sounds like its not such a big deal. But for a dog that usually panics and tries to run when a little girl is around. This is HUGE . Actually right now Maggie is laying on the couch with her! I am so proud of her I just hope it helps with other little girls as well.


Now if I could just get her over her fear of men.......


Lol oh about the picture its about a year old. My hair is different and im not as pale anymore lmao. But yup thats me and the Mags!

2 comments:

Me said...

Glad you guys had fun at the mall.

Good luck with Maggie..

Your posts are so long, but I like reading them:D haha

-Ali

Unknown said...

Girl Im lucky to have you as a twin without you I would have lost it a long time ago. you have been there when I was lost and confused, happy and just everything. Without you I wouldnt be as happy as I am today you helped me so much over the almsot 2 years we have talked. I cant wait for you to come down!

(((((((((HUGS))))))))))

Twin