Saturday, April 12, 2008

Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is!!!

Treble Well this is going to be a band entry since they are soooooooooooo wanted ;) lol.

Lastnight the boys and I had a fairly fun gig over at Fire House Grill. They were opening up their outdoor eating/party area for the season. And every year they hire a band and give out new free drinks or food its good time for the most part. UNLESS ITS FREAKING RAINING AND WINDY!!! NOT SO FUN!!! Lol especially not for $13 each for 2 hours of playing but whatever it is money in my pocket so I can't be too upset.

First off Jesse and the boys were late getting to my place so we could load up what we needed for the show. We were supposed to be there at 4pm to set up and talk over our set with the bar owner. But nooooo we didn't get there until almost 5pm lol. Needless to say he wasent too happy with us because he had been waiting on our slow asses to get there but whatever. And what kind of protection did we have for the lovely cold rain? A spiffy blue tarp canopy thing. I don't know if you have ever stood under one of those in the rain but yeah it just brings some more chaos to your ears honestly lol.

To my surprise though despite the weather a nice group of devoted bar goers came out lol. Since they too had a spiffy tarp to stand under lol. We started our show at 7:30pm or about that time give or take. We did a handful of covers since you pretty much have to when you are playing to a group like this. A group of drunk 40 somethings do not want to here songs they don't know. They want music ranging from the 60s- to SOME from right now lol. But though I would rather do my own music I don't mind doing covers though they airn't mine some are fun. It also shows our range. For example some of the covers we did lastnight.
Let My Love Open The Door
Runaway Train
Edge of Seventeen
Ballrooms of Mars
Baby Its A Wild World
Through the Glass
Next To You
Drift And Die

I think that about sums it up and we sprinkled a couple of our own songs in there. It was good time though despite the freezing cold elements. People really liked us which was cool. I got home alittle after 10 after hanging out there with the boys for a bit. Of course by the time we left it was a freaking downpour! Now im one who loves the rain I really do. But not when its freezing cold and windy. But all and all it was a good night no getting booed off the stage ;) and once again atleast we made SOME money. Thats better than being flat broke like I was lmao.

1 comment:

Me said...

Hey!

Glad it was fun last night...minus the wind and rain!!
And you have some moneys! Woo!! :D

-Ali